One of the many benefits of utilising heat pump technology is the ability to harvest free energy. Thermal energy is transferred from the surrounding air into water, proving to be a constant energy source. Not only does this heat your water easily, but it also reduces water heating energy consumption by up to 65%.
Request a Quote
Benefits Of Heat Pumps
If you want to reduce your energy consumption, cost of living and enjoy the benefits of solar hot water in your Gold Coast home, then a heat pump might be the ideal solution for you. There are also a number of other benefits:
- Ideal for new homes/replacement of old electric storage water heaters
- Environmentally friendly – uses 65% less energy than conventional electric water heaters
- Reduces power consumption due to the extraction of free heat energy from the air
How does it work?
- A fan draws in air (that contains heat energy) across the evaporator
- The evaporator turns the liquid refrigerant into a gas
- The compressor converts refrigerant into high temperature/high pressure gas
- The hot gas inside the condenser coil heats the water inside the tank
- The refrigerant reverts back to a liquid after heating the water and continues back to the evaporator for the process to start again
The Bosch Compress 3000 air-to-water heat pump water heater represents the very pinnacle of energy efficient water heating innovation.
Its multiple award-winning technology uses the same principle as a refrigerator, but in reverse – extracting heat from the air, transferring it into the water.
Having been developed and manufactured in Europe, the Compress 3000 is well suited to the Australian market as it operates from -7°C to 40°C – ideal for any Australian location. That means you’ll always have hot water, even if it’s below freezing outside.
The Compress 3000 solar hot water system is also highly energy efficient – using 65% less energy than conventional electric storage hot water systems. So the money you’ll save on energy bills makes the Compress 3000 a great long-term investment.
Producto Oro (Product of the Year) 2013 – Winner
Calor y Frio Magazine, Spain
Smart Choice product, December 2013 – Winner
Maison & Travaux Magazine, France
Innovation of the Year 2013 – Nominee
- Highly efficient heat pump – reduces energy use by up to 65%
- Eligible for generous government rebates
- Smart Controls to take advantage of:
- Cheaper overnight power prices
- PV Solar energy generation systems
- Noise Reduction Mode
- Designed for easy and low-cost install and servicing
- The heat pump operates from -7°C to 40°C, delivering energy efficient hot water even in colder climates
We offer the following solar hot water options:
These are often installed when visual impact is to be kept to a minimum or if the roof structure is not able to hold a tank.
Our AS system is a high-efficiency solar water heater with roof mounted collectors and a ground standing storage tank. In the open-circuit system, water is circulated between tank and collectors by a small pump that is regulated by our world-leading Smart Controller. This measures the temperature difference between the water in the collectors and the tank, optimising the solar energy collected. In the closed-circuit system, special solar transfer fluid is circulated through the system, transferring the heat to the water via a heat exchange module.